Termed the best batsman of this decade, Virat Kohli is a player everyone admires. Many amazing enthusiasts follow his style and tips while learning the ins and outs of cricket. He fits perfectly in all three formats of the game and plays as per the conditions of the match in question. Although many other players stay in the limelight, Virat has transformed himself into a different batsman and conquered the world with his fantastic batting.
30 Facts About Indian Superstar Virat Kohli
People are mad about this living legend and wish to know about his personal and professional life. Most of them are willing to pay a premium price to learn about this popular player. If you’re one such person, check these 30 wonderful Virat Kohli stats.
- He was born on November 5, 1988, in Delhi in a Punjabi family to Saroj and Prem Kohli.
- Virat’s nickname is Cheeku. Ajit Choudhary, his childhood coach at the West Delhi cricket stadium, gave him this nickname.
- Virat Kohli began his professional career in 1998 by joining West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- He trained well under Rajkumar Sharma and played all his group tournaments for Delhi before his selection for the under-19 team in 2006.
- Virat Kohli’s idol is the batting master-blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
- Kohli has an immense passion for cricket. Despite his father’s death amid a Ranji Trophy match against Karnataka, the determined batsman continued playing the match and scored 90 before attending the funeral.
- Virat led India to win the under-19 World Cup 2008. He scored 635 runs in 6 matches (the third-highest run-getter).
- Virat Kohli’s first appearance in one-day international cricket was against Sri Lanka in 2008.
- Kohli was a member of the Indian team that won the 2011 world cup under MS Dhoni.
- The star player carries various records in one-day cricket such as the quickest batsman to score 8000, 9000, 10,000, 11,000, and 12000 runs.
- He has the most centuries to his name in a 5-match ODI series (3).
- Virat Kohli smacked the fastest ODI run as an Indian (100 of 52 balls against Australia in 2013).
- Kohli made his test debut against West Indies in 2011 but scored only 4 and 15 in the first and second innings.
- Virat has hit 7 double centuries as a captain in tests (the most double centuries by an Indian captain in the longest format of the game)
- Virat received the test player of the year award in 2018 for scoring 1322 runs in 13 matches.
- Kohli made the highest number of runs against Pakistan in an ODI inning by any batsman (183 runs).
- Virat holds the record of most 50s in T20 matches (28).
- Kohli is the only international player to have an average of over 50 in all cricketing formats.
- As a captain, Kohli has won 37 tests (the most by any Indian skipper).
- Besides cricketers, Virat Kohli is a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo and Roger Federer.
- Kohli’s brand value is upwards of $180 Million as of 2023.
- He began The Virat Kohli Foundation in 2019 to help underprivileged kids with sports and education.
- Kohli married famous Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2018.
- The player’s jersey number is 18.
- The Indian Superstar has been admired for his fitness freak.
- He loves chole bhature as a cheat meal once a month.
- Kohli is the only player to play for one franchise in IPL since 2008.
- Virat and Anushka have a daughter named Vamika.
- According to an estimate, Virat Kohli net worth is estimated to be around $120 Million as of 2023.
- Virat kohli has received various sporting awards such as the Arjuna Award in 2013, Padma Shri in 2017, and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2018.
The batting legend Virat Kohli has impeccable records in cricket and personal life. This is why people are eager to know more about this Indian superstar. We all hope to see many new interesting facts about Kohli in the years to come.